BELOW ARE A FEW POLICIES THAT ANSWER FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS WE RECEIVE:
What do I need to do if my child is sick or will be absent?
Parents (not students) must call or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) the office on the morning of the absence if the student is ill and will not be attending class. In any situation other than illness, the parent must contact the teacher and the office prior to the absence to make arrangements with and receive permission from the instructor (see situations below). Failure to properly notify administration when a student is absent will result in an unexcused absence and a zero for all assignments due that day.
What happens if my child gets a tardy or is not in dress code?
TARDY AND DRESS CODE VIOLATIONS
Student will receive tardy slip to be able to enter class and the front office will document dress code violations and teachers document tardy’s.
- 1st violation – verbal warning
- 2nd violation – official write-up, document in RenWeb, notify parent, copy supervisor
- 3rd violation – document in RebWeb, student receives before school detention, notify parent, copy supervisor
- After 4 tardies, meeting with administration and parents
Is there a visitor policy?
To enhance both student safety and operational efficiency, Faith Academy will enforce the following guidelines governing the presence of visitors on campus during regular school hours, except for parents who are dropping off or picking up students. Students and parents should make potential visitors aware of this policy.
- All visitors must check in with the office upon arriving on campus to obtain permission from the office to remain on campus.
- All visitors must be willing to comply with the rules and regulations governing student and staff conduct, including appropriate dress regulations. Modest dress to include not to short, not to tight, and not revealing attire.
- Students or friends not attending FAMF who drive on campus for the purpose of giving a ride to a FAMF student may not loiter in the parking lot or enter the buildings, unless they obtain permission from the office.
Is there a uniform? What is the dress code?
UNIFORM DRESS CODE
Faith Academy’s dress code is intended to encourage modesty and decency and to minimize the use of clothing as a significant means of establishing identity or social status. Faith Academy staff may determine the appropriateness of a student’s clothing or hairstyle and may request that any student who is not dressed appropriately follow the steps listed under dress code violations. The administrator may grant exceptions to the dress code if desired for special dress days. Students attending any Faith Academy approved function must observe school guidelines for dress such as moderate clothing and covered tattoos.
All uniform clothing must be approved items. Click here to access the 2017-18 Uniform Policy.