Faith Academy Board Leadership Commitment
Knowing that God has spoken clearly in His Word concerning the character and responsibility of a leader:
- I will seek to maintain a close intimate walk with the Lord by regularly spending time alone with Him in His Word and in prayer.
- I will be a diligent student of God’s Word.
- I will endeavor to walk continually in step with the Holy Spirit.
- I will pray for those who serve with me as Board members, for the school Administrator, for the faculty and staff of the school, for the students of the school, and for this ministry’s testimony in the community.
- I will be diligent in preparation and on time for all Board meetings and participate in duly appointed committees.
- I will faithfully attend all meetings of the Board unless I am hindered from doing so by compelling reasons such as illness or necessary travel. When I am unable to attend I will notify the Board President in advance if possible. I will follow-up with the Board Secretary and/or other Board members to be informed about the proceedings of the meeting which I missed.
- My fellowship, speech and manner with my colleagues on the Board and with any members of the school family will be characterized by love, grace and humility. With the help of the Holy Spirit, I will refrain from expressing demeaning attitudes through criticism and complaint.
- While respecting divergent views and convictions expressed by my colleagues on the Board, I will express my views and differences of opinion constructively and with grace. Once the Board has discussed and voted on an issue and regardless of my personal vote on that issue, I will publicly support the Board’s action.
- I will be an encourager acting with integrity and discretion, and endeavor to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
- I understand that Board members have authority to make decisions only within the confines of board meetings.
- I understand that the principle under which the Faith Academy Board operates is Philippians 2:1-7. “Therefore if you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any common sharing in the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in the Spirit and of one mind. Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests, but each of you to the interests of the others. In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus; Who, being in very nature God did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage; rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant…”
For a printable copy of Board Leadership Commitment, please click Faith Academy Board Leadership Commitment.